Sunday, August 14, 2011

'Ard Boyz Win


Ard Boyz

Well ‘Ard Boyz has come and after 3 rounds I’ve managed to come out on top. I played at the local Fantasy Flight games at the showing this year truly did not even come close to the expected meta.

· Grey Knights (me)

· 3 Orks (2 of them placed in the top 4)

· 1 Dark Eldar (placed 3rd)

· 1 Salamander drop pod list

· 1 Eldar

· 1 Necron (no shocker last place)

· 2 Space Wolves

Again and again I here that Orks are no longer competitive but tournament after tournament the place in the top without any issues, the Orks lists included; Green tide (honestly don’t think he made it past turn 4 on any game he played), 5 Battle Wagon list, and a mismatch list that almost looked like he fielded everything he had just to make it up 2500.

So I played 2 of the 3 Ork lists (the mismatch list turn one and the battle wagon list turn 2) and the dark eldar list turn 3. And ended up getting two massacres and a minor victory, my first tournament win, and in all my games I can only think of one mistake I make and it was in the game with the minor victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment