Monday, September 5, 2011

Tournaments: Blessing or Curse



Couple more pics of my current project.

Tournaments, personally I believe one of the great motivators in our hobby. I never get as much painting done as I do in the weeks up to a tournament, and I always come home with a tid bit of info about a rule or tactic that I got wrong before. However there is a bad thing about tournaments and it comes down to what is commonly known as that guy, made worse by TO favoritism which can cause you to forget all the good things that may have happened and concentrate on that one game.

It makes you not want to go back, which in turn causes you to become a garage gamer and in turn may cause you to leave the hobby. Why? Well if you play same people over and over you don’t get better and since you don’t see neat tricks at a tournament you have no way to improve other than forums and blogs which is never the same thing as seeing it in action. So you know how the game is going to go after about 6 months you move on. I’ve seen it happen

So a bad tournament, in effect, reduce the number of players in the game which could cause prices to rise since there might be fewer players in the game and in this hypothetical situation cause GW to close their doors. Which leaves all of us without a hobby, so congrats Guy you got your win hope your proud of your win.

2 comments:

  1. Never thought of it that way! Put a whole new perspective on me, might start trying to be even nicer at tourneys!

    Kyramazonov looks like he's coming alon nicely. Always loved that model!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't be that guy, not that would be a concern. The detail on this model is absurd I will be working on this for a long time...

    ReplyDelete